If you’re looking for the best THC cannabis seeds, it’s fair to say you have some degree of cannabis knowledge, and probably even some experience! Whether you’re a veteran with iron-lungs or a one-hit-quit newbie, these THC cannabis seeds are worth consideration for any high-flyer. Our in-depth reviews will let you know whether these seeds will take you to space or leave you locked in the couch. Here are the 10 best THC cannabis seeds:
Below is a pretty comprehensive list of the popular seeds banks across the globe.
|Best in Overall
|I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM)
*Buy 10, Get 10 Free Seeds
|Best Seed Prices
|New Seed Bank
|Best in Canada
|Crop King Seeds (CKS)
|Best in UK
|Best in Spain
|Ministry of Cannabis
|Best Canada Distributor
|Mary Jane’s Garden
|MJ Seeds Canada
|True North Seed Bank
|Quebec Cannabis Seeds
What to look for when buying the best THC cannabis seeds
When buying the best THC cannabis seeds the percentage of THC in them isn’t the only thing you should take into account. To find the BEST THC cannabis seeds, you’ll need to consider all of the following:
- Terpenes: Terpenes are the oils that create the smells and tastes associated with cannabis. This is what makes your bud taste like pine, berry, mint or citrus.
- The Desired Effect: What exactly do you expect the cannabis to do for you? Different cannabis strains produce different effects. It would be really unfortunate if you wanted a “body high” and chose a really strong Sativa that effects your mind more than your body and exacerbates your preexisting anxiety.
- The THC: Of course if you’re looking for high-THC cannabis seeds, you’ll want seeds with higher percentages of THC. You should look for seeds with 20% or higher THC content.
- Grow Difficulty: Easy-growing plants are important, especially for beginners. Words you should look for are “feminized” and “autoflowering”. These varieties flower easily regardless of light cycles.
- Bragging Rights: No one wants to brag about the typical “mids” they bought from some guy behind the mall. But buying a strain called “Gorilla Glue” or “Fruity Pebbles” gives you something to talk about.
10 Best THC Cannabis Seeds
Here are reviews on the 10 best THC cannabis seeds that will let you know what you’ll love about them, the drawbacks of each seed and even give you links so you can get your own!
10. Zkittlez 20% THC (Autoflowering)
Skittlez is a unique strain that came from a combination of the Grape Ape and Grapefruit strains. Weedseedsexpress’s Zkittlez seeds are 40% Indica, 40% Sativa and 20% Ruderalis which means it provides you with a strong “body high”, a “head high” and it’s autoflowering. Zkittlez made its mark on our list of best THC cannabis seeds because it’s relatively easy to grow, produces a complex high and tastes great!
- It’s autoflowering so you don’t have to fuss with grow light schedules. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of growing.
- One of its most crowd-pleasing features is that it has a sweet fruity berry and citrus taste and smell, just like its namesake.
- Skittlez won the Best Indica award at the 2015 Cannabis Cup. It provides the body relaxation “creeps” over you and totally relaxes you and provides pain relief without making you feel like you’re “locked in” like some other Indicas do. And the Sativa properties mixed with the Indica provide you with intense focus. A lot of people with attention disorders love it for this reason.
- Most people who try this strain report feeling sleepy, which is great for insomnia and sleeping disorders. However, if you want something that’s going to energize you and help get you through the day, this may not be the strain for you.
- While it will help you to focus and get some mental clarity, you’re not likely to have the motivation to do anything with the ideas you come up with.
Zkittlez is a popular cannabis strain because of its effects on both the body and the mind. The Indica/Sativa hybrid relaxes the body and lets you laser focus your thoughts. This autoflowering variety makes it easy to grow a gorgeous plant that produces buds with orange hairs and tons of white trichomes. If you want some fruity Zkittlez plants for yourself, you can get them here.
9. Acapulco Gold 23% THC (Feminized)
It’s probably unsurprising to many people that Acapulco Gold made an appearance on this list of best THC cannabis seeds because it’s long been considered to be one of the best-quality cannabis plants in the world. It’s 80% Sativa, 20% Indica which means that it will give you a slight “body buzz” but intense cerebral effects, as well.
- Because of its sativa properties, Acapulco Gold is praised by many people for its ability to chase the blues away. It’s said to be excellent for people who suffer from depression, PTSD and particularly anxiety.
- It’s a gorgeous plant with golden-tinted leaves and buds with brown, gold and orange hairs that make them resemble gold nuggets.
- It’s easy to grow outdoors.
- Acapulco Gold has traditionally been grown and cultivated outdoors. However, growing it in a greenhouse or other indoor controlled environment is so tricky that there’s no established or agreed-upon guidelines for it.
- Although it’s great for a euphoric mood booster, it’s not the best strain for body pains.
Acapulco Gold has been a favored and often-sought cannabis variety for decades, and there are plenty of reasons for that. It has a high THC percentage, it’s very Sativa-forward but has some Indica properties too, it produces a unique gold-tinted plant with buds that resemble gold nuggets, and it’s easily grown outdoors. Click here if you’d like to get your hands on some Acapulco Gold seeds.
8. Animal Cookies 23% THC (Autoflower)
Animal Cookies is an Indica-forward strain that is made from combining Fire OG with Girl Scout Cookies. This strain has an intensely relaxing effect on the body that could be compared to a narcotic because of its pain-relieving, relaxing and sleep-inducing properties. It’s got sweet and sour smells and tastes. People describe it as having vanilla, cherry and cookie flavors which is delicious as it sounds which is one of the reasons it’s on our list of best THC cannabis seeds.
- As an Indica, it has powerful pain-relieving and muscle relaxing properties. It produces a strong body high that will make you feel like you “melt” into the couch. This strain is also frequently used for mood disorders because of the euphoric effects it provides, and it’s great for people who have sleep disorders like insomnia.
- Just because it’s autoflowering doesn’t mean it’s effortless to grow. It’s generally recommended that you grow this plant indoors. This strain grows quite tall and it’s recommended that you do things like trim or bend branches or stems so that it will grow more sideways than vertical. It also produces such a pungent smell that carbon air filters are recommended in order to mitigate the odor.
- If you’re looking for a strain that will energize you, this is not the plant for you. Indicas typically cause people to feel sleepy.
- You may feel “locked in” or a “stuck in the couch” sensation because it produces an intense body high that inexperienced smokers may find unsettling.
Animal Cookies is a strain that is a treat to smoke because of its sweet, cookie-like flavors. Because it’s Indica-forward, it provides ample amounts of pain relief and muscle relaxation. Animal Cookies is a great strain for anyone who has sleep disorders, as well. There are some difficulties you’ll have to work around when growing it, but it’s well worth the trouble when you’re rewarded with this sweet-tasting indica!
If you’re interested in getting some Animal Cookies seeds, you can get them here.
7. White Widow 24.1% THC (Feminized)
The White Widow strain has been around for a long time and it’s well-known all around the world. In 1995, it won the Cannabis Cup and more than a decade later it’s still one of the best THC cannabis seeds you can get your hands on. White Widow usually has more of a Sativa composition, but the seeds on our list are 60% Indica and 40% Sativa, which means it will relax your body and give you tons of creative energy.
- One of the reasons White Widow is sought out by people around the globe is because it’s bred to produce a lot of trichomes, and plants with lots of trichomes are excellent for making hash. This is what gives it its white appearance.
- It can be grown indoors or outdoors because it’s very mold resistant.
- It’s a good choice if you’re looking for something to relax your body, but allow you to keep your mental clarity.
- If you need to be discreet about your marijuana consumption, it’s not a good idea to spark up some White Widow. It produces great white clouds of pungent smoke, and it’s pretty likely to make you have a coughing fit whether you’re a novice or a veteran.
If you’re looking for a plant with high THC content that will relax your body while giving you a sense of euphoria and make you energetic rather than lethargic, White Widow is a great choice. It’s a worldwide favorite because of the clouds of smoke it produces that smell peppery with citrus fragrances and its aftertaste of lemons. Click here to get your White Widow seeds today.
6. Amnesia Auto Feminized 25% THC
Several different strains of cannabis are named Amnesia, and the collection of plants all bearing this name have won nearly 20 different awards altogether. The reason it’s called “Amnesia” is that it causes temporary short-term memory loss. It’s a Sativa, so it produces an energetic, uplifting high that will leave you feeling happy and bubbly.
- Its mood-elevating properties make it an excellent choice for people who suffer from PTSD, anxiety, depression or mood disorders.
- Amnesia’s potent effects take hold quickly, only taking around 15 minutes to kick in.
- Because this is an autoflowering feminized variety, it’s relatively easy to grow. It produces a visually pleasing plant, too. It somewhat resembles a small Christmas tree.
- It’s a very strong high that many inexperienced users may not be accustomed to, so it may make them uncomfortable.
- If you’re looking for a strain that will help you to sleep, this isn’t the strain for you. It provides you with an energetic feeling, which is great if you need to get up and get things done but not so great if you need rest.
Amnesia is one of the best THC cannabis seeds because it’s a strain so potent that it’s known to cause temporary short-term memory loss. Your short-term memory will come back when it wears off of course, but in the meantime, you won’t be worried about it because of its euphoric, mood-boosting effects. Amnesia Auto Feminized is easy to grow and produces a handsome plant that resembles a Christmas tree. Click here to get your hands on some Amnesia seeds.
5. L.A. Peyote Kush 25% THC (Feminized)
L.A. Peyote Kush may seem like a long name, but you’ll be thankful that you learned it. It’s a cross between Peyote Purple and L.A. Kush that produces a beautiful Indica plant with some Sativa properties as well. Because of the Sativa properties, you won’t get the “couch melt” feeling that you typically experience from Indicas.
- L.A. Peyote Kush gives you a happy, euphoric high. It’ll give you a relaxed feeling with bursts of creativity, as well as mood-boosting effects that are good for people who suffer from depression or anxiety.
- The seeds reward you with a visually stunning plant. The L.A. Peyote Kush plant produces bright green buds with long white hairs that perfectly contrast against their green backdrop.
- Because it’s primarily an Indica plant, it’s not a good idea to use L.A. Peyote Kush if you’re planning to go to work or get things done around the house. It’s going to leave you feeling relaxed and you’ll have what’s known as a “body high”. While you won’t feel a “locked in” feeling, you’re not likely to have the motivation to tackle big projects.
L.A. Peyote Kush is a great choice for people seeking pain relief or help sleeping. You’ll feel relaxed and happy, but not so relaxed that you have difficulty moving. It can easily be grown indoors, in greenhouses or outdoors and it creates stunningly beautiful buds to reward you for your grow efforts. L.A. Peyote Kush is one of the best THC cannabis seeds you can buy, and you can get them here.
4. Bruce Banner 25% (Autoflowering)
It only takes one hit of Bruce Banner to understand why it’s named after The Hulk’s alter-ego. You’ll be hit with a high-potency THC Hulk-sized punch pretty immediately, transforming you from sober to high just as quickly as Bruce turns into the Hulk. Its parent plants are OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel which combine to create a powerful hybrid that’s 60% Sativa and 40% Indica.
- It’s known for being a strong, Sativa- forward strain. It provides some of the typical Sativa effects like mood- elevation, relaxation and euphoria. The high comes on rapidly and then levels off to give you a sense of body relaxation and a calm mind.
- The Bruce Banner plant is gorgeous. Its leaves have magenta tint and the vibrant green buds have red hairs that look great with the leaves.
- Because it’s a strong strain with potent levels of THC whose effects take hold quickly, beginners may be unaccustomed to these intense effects.
- It’s considered to be more of a plant for intermediate level growers than novice growers.
- It’s not recommended to grow this strain outdoors unless you live in a Mediterranean climate.
The Bruce Banner strain creates an intense cerebral high with an energetic and euphoric feeling that many people enjoy, but novices may be uncomfortable with. While it can generally be a bit tricky to grow, the reward is a beautiful magenta-tinted plant that you’re going to love showing off. If you want some Bruce Banner seeds that the Hulk would approve of, click here.
3. 5 Alive 26% THC (Feminized)
Other than its high THC content, 5 Alive’s other main draw is its fruity flavor and smell. It was made by combining Bubblegum, Grape Pie and Orange Juice plants, all of which are known for having sweet fruity flavors so 5 Alive tastes like citrus and smells like grapefruit, lime, lemon and orange. Because it’s very Sativa-forward it will leave you feeling energetic and “alive”. All of these reasons make 5 Alive one of the best THC cannabis seeds you can get.
- Effects of 5 Alive include feeling energized, creative and focused while also experiencing mood-boosting properties and a relaxed body. It’s good strain to help you get things done, so you could definitely smoke it and tidy up the house or tackle that project you’ve been putting off.
- A lot of inexperienced cannabis users aren’t used to an intense cerebral high, like the one that 5 Alive produces. So it’s pretty likely that it will knock their socks off and possibly even make them uncomfortable because they aren’t used to such a strong high.
5 Alive is a great choice for cannabis connoisseurs who are looking for something with a great taste and an intense high. It produces some pain-relieving effects, along with elevated mood, increased focus, creativity and energy which make it a great choice for anyone suffering from mood disorders, anxiety or depression. Click here to pick up some 5 Alive seeds and try them yourself!
2. Gorilla Glue 26% THC (Autoflowering)
Gorilla Glue is a great strain for anyone who wants an intense high with sedative effects. It was created by combining Chem’s Sister and Chocolate Diesel so it has a lot of chocolate mocha flavors and smells and it has a strong diesel aftertaste. Gorilla Glue is 50% Indica and 50% Sativa, so it will give you a great “body buzz” and relax you while also giving you the uplifting cerebral effects associated with Sativa.
- There’s a ton of THC in Gorilla Glue so you really get a lot of bang for your buck with these seeds because it produces a really intense high. Some of the affects you can expect from this strain include pain relief, total body relaxation, sleepiness, euphoria and stress relief which makes it a good choice for people suffering from chronic pain, mood disorders, anxiety, depression or sleep disorders.
- Because of this particular seed’s autoflowering abilities it’s fairly easy to grow. However, you’ll notice that it grows quite tall and it’s very likely that you’ll find yourself regularly trimming it.
- People really aren’t joking when they say that Gorilla Glue has sedative effects. You’ll understand why they call it Gorilla Glue once you smoke it because you’ll feel glued to the couch.
Gorilla Glue provides a strong high with sedative effects that can be really fun, bust stress and relieve pain. While you can’t really grow it outside unless you live in a warm environment, the particular seed type that we chose for this list of best THC cannabis seeds is autoflowering and you should have a little problem growing it indoors. Check out this site to pick up some Gorilla Glue seeds today.
1. Chiquita Banana 29% THC (Feminized)
If you’re looking for the best THC cannabis seeds that money can buy, you need look no farther than the Chiquita Banana strain. True to its name, it tastes like sweet bananas and has a slight lemon aftertaste that makes this hybrid a treat to smoke. It’s 60% Sativa and 40% Indica and chock-full of THC so it provides a strong high that relieves pain and stress. This strain was created by crossing the OG Kush and Banana strains and the result is a strain that gives you a relaxed body and a euphoric high so unique that it’s described as being one of the strongest marijuana strains in the world by High Times magazine.
- Its Sativa properties will cause a “head high” that causes things such as euphoria, a general giddy feeling and it will calm your thoughts and melt the stress away pretty immediately. It also relaxes your body, but it does this in a slow “creeping” fashion so that you aren’t hit with total muscle relaxation that immediately locks you into the couch.
- It’s easy to grow both indoors and outdoors, as well as in a greenhouse environment.
- You’ll definitely want to go easy when smoking this strain because it’s so potent. It’s sure to blow the minds of even veteran smokers, but novices won’t be used to its intense effects and could become uncomfortable with it if they smoke a lot of it at once.
Chiquita Banana may sound like a weird name for a cannabis plant, but it produces a green bud with orange hairs that really does have a sweet banana taste. Its high THC levels and balance of Sativa and Indica traits make it a plant that’s in high demand. However, it’s actually considered to be a rare find. Lucky for you, we’ve tracked down a feminized version that’s easy to grow and enjoy! Get your hands on the best THC cannabis seeds here today!
There’s a lot more to finding the best THC cannabis seeds than simply the percentage of THC they contain. You’ll need to search for seeds that are easy to grow and either autoflowering, feminized or both, what sort of terpenes the strain is described as having, decide which sort of effects you want from your cannabis seeds, search for seeds with a THC content above 20%, and find a unique strain. All of the seeds on our list of best THC cannabis seeds meet these qualifications and they’ll give you a great place to start your search.
How do I germinate seeds?
First of all, buy quality seeds and don’t just get some mystery grab-bag of seeds because you won’t know whether they’re quality plants or duds. Don’t touch your seeds with your bare hands, store them in a dark, dry, cool place, bury them in sterilized soil around .5-1.0 centimeters deep and make sure that your container has holes in the bottom of it so that water doesn’t build up and drown them.
Do I need grow lights to grow cannabis seeds?
Plants need light like you need food for sustenance, so if you want healthy plants that produce lots of flowers, you’ll need grow lights. If you choose an autoflowering strain you won’t have to worry as much about grow light schedules, but any other seed is going to need an 18-6 cycle (18 hours on and 6 off) during their vegetative phase. If you’re concerned about energy, use you should consider LED lights.
How do I know when to harvest my cannabis plant?
You’ll need to watch your plant’s trichomes. You can do this by using a microscope. If they’re clear, they’re not ready yet; if they’re white it’s the ideal time to harvest for most people; if the trichomes turn an amber color you’ll get more psychoactive effects. It mostly depends on what sort of properties you want your buds to possess because if the trichomes are white they contain a bit of THC and CBD, while the amber trichomes contain less CBD.
Do I use the same nutrients on my plant during vegetation and blooming?
No, you’ll want to use one that says simply “nutrients” or “grow” during the vegetation stage to help your plant bulk up before the flowering stage. During the flowering stage when the buds are first forming, you’ll want to use a nutrient type that says “bloom” on it in order to help your plant grow big healthy buds.
How long do marijuana seeds last?
It really depends on whether they’re stored properly. If they’re stored in a cool, dark, dry place the seeds will be fine for several months before they go bad and are unusable. However, if you refrigerate seeds in a dark place, they can last for at least a decade. So refrigerating your seeds in a dark place is really the best storage practice.