Anyone searching for the best hybrid cannabis seeds has a bit of cannabis experience. It’s probably fair to assume that you know the difference between Indica and Sativa, or at least that there are two different types of marijuana plants that are widely available. Unfortunately, you can’t just do a search for the best hybrid cannabis seeds and trust the first site you find to actually deliver the best seeds possible.
There’s a lot of information out there about marijuana with more being put out every day, and going to a dispensary can be really intimidating because of the information overload. Don’t worry though. We’ve done all the research so you don’t have to! Here are the best hybrid cannabis seeds.
Where can I buy the best hybrid cannabis seeds?
Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of the other popular seeds banks across the globe.
|Best in Overall||I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM)|
*Buy 10, Get 10 Free Seeds
|Best Seed Prices||Seedsman||Shop Seeds|
|New Seed Bank||WeedSeedsExpress||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Canada||Crop King Seeds (CKS)||Shop Seeds|
|Best in UK||MSNL||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Spain||Ministry of Cannabis||Shop Seeds|
|Best Canada Distributor||Rocket Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|8th||Sensi Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|9th||Sonoma Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|10th||Beaver Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|11th||SunWest Genetics||Shop Seeds|
|12th||Mary Jane’s Garden||Shop Seeds|
|13th||MJ Seeds Canada||Shop Seeds|
|14th||True North Seed Bank||Shop Seeds|
|15th||Quebec Cannabis Seeds||Shop Seeds|
What is a hybrid strain?
A hybrid marijuana strain is one that combines at least two different cannabis plants. Most hybrids are a combination of Indica and Sativa plants. In order to choose the right hybrid strain for you, you’ll need to consider what effects you want to achieve.
Every hybrid is different and they all produce different effects. If it’s more Sativa-forward, you’ll enjoy more cerebral or psychedelic effects and if it’s more Indica-forward you’ll notice the effects more prominently on your body. In fact it’s often said that Indica means “in da couch” because it will relax you and make you feel like you’ve melted into the couch.
Of course the strain you choose also makes a difference in how they grow. Indicas typically resemble a short, fat Christmas tree and are more easily grown indoors. Sativas grow pretty tall and many of them are best grown outdoors.
10 of the Best Hybrid Cannabis Seeds
Unlike many articles about the best hybrid cannabis seeds we’re not just going to give you the name of the strain and tell you that they’ll get you high. We’ll tell you about each strain’s effects, their composition and how difficult they are to grow. We’ll even give you some links to go buy them so that you don’t have to track them down yourself! Here are the 10 best hybrid cannabis seeds on the market.
10. Jack Herer 70% Sativa/ 20% Indica/ 10% Ruderalis (Autoflower)
This Spanish hybrid strain packs a THC punch at 16.25%, without being too strong for beginners. It’s very Sativa- forward and gives you a very cerebral high that makes you feel happy, calms your thoughts, helps you focus and energizes you. It was made by combining Shiva Skunk and Northern Lights #5 with a Haze hybrid to create one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds on the market.
- Jack Herer is well-known for having lots of medicinal properties. Some of its effects include a sense of euphoria, increased focus, an energy burst, pain relief and mood-boosting abilities that make it a good choice for people who suffer from depression, anxiety, or chronic pain.
- It’s easy to grow Jack Herer and even beginners should be able to cultivate it with little difficulty. It’s resistant to most growth obstacles like mold, disease and pests. It can be grown indoors or outdoors, in soil or using hydroponics.
- This isn’t a good strain for sleep disorders like insomnia. It produces an energizing effect that will make you feel awake and refreshed, not ready for bed.
- Don’t grow it outdoors unless you live in a climate that consistently reaches 72-80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It can grow as much as 8 feet tall, so if you’re growing it indoors, you’re going to have to top it off.
Jack Herer is often said to be one strain that every cannabis connoisseur should try at least once. Its euphoric effects and its sweet spicy citrus flavors make it a delight for anyone who has the chance to enjoy it. And for growers it’s sort of a rite of passage because it’s named after one of the most famous cannabis activists in history. We’re sure that Jack Herer himself would approve of this magnificent strain! Click here to get your Jack Herer seeds today.
9. Chemdawg 60% Sativa /40% Indica (Feiminized)
It’s pretty hard to track down Chemdawg’s parentage, other than a complicated story about a seed exchange that occurred during a Grateful Dead concert, but we know it’s one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds you can buy. It’s Sativa-forward so it gives you a “head high” while leaving your body relaxed but doesn’t leave you with a sense of “couch-lock”.
- Chemdawg is great for anxiety, depression and mood disorders because it causes an elevated mood, gives you an energy boost and melts stress away leaving you with a calmed mind. It works well for pain too because the Indica characteristics of this plant aren’t severe enough to make it a sedative, so many people use it for things like migraines, arthritis and PMS.
- It’s got a high THC content (20%) and its effects come on quickly. In fact, you’re more likely to notice its effects before you’ve even exhaled and had time to really appreciate its sour diesel aftertaste.
- It’s best to tackle these seeds once you’ve got some cannabis-growing experience under your belt. Most people grow Chemdawg indoors, and because it grows more than 5 feet tall, you’ll have to trim it frequently. You’ll need to care for it properly to make sure it doesn’t develop mold or mildew, as well. You’re going to need to invest in dowel rods or something of the sort because it produces such big buds that they weigh down the branches and they’ll need extra support. And it’s so pungent that most growers also purchase carbon air filters.
Chemdawg is a favorite strain for many people because of its medicinal effects which leave you feeling uplifted and give you an elevated mood while also providing pain relief. Because of its high THC content it provides an intense high that you’re not going to forget any time soon. It can be a bit tricky to grow and it’s suited to more intermediate growers, but for anyone who attempts it, it’s well worth the trouble for the rewards! Chemdawg made our list of the best hybrid cannabis seeds for all of these reasons, and you can get your hands on some here.
8. Northern Lights 70% Indica/ 10% Sativa/ 20% Ruderalis (Autoflowering Feminized)
Northern Lights won’t make you hallucinate and see lights, rather it will get you as high as the light phenomenon and it smells like the pine trees that are typically grown in the cold climates where the Aurora Borealis can be seen. This is another hybrid whose exact parentage is unknown, but we do know that the Northern Lights strain was created in Holland. It’s very Indica-forward, producing an intense high along with a relaxed body, pain relief, and narcotic effects that help with sleep. It’s got a delicious sweet and spicy citrus taste and a strong smell that you’ll love. Many experienced cannabis enthusiasts have tried this strain at least once. It used to be a rarity during a time period when weed wasn’t as widely accepted as it is now. And anyone who’s tried it can agree that it’s one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds.
- Because the particular type that we chose for our list is both autoflowering and feminized it takes a lot of guesswork out of growing it. You won’t have to fuss with lighting schedules or culling out the male plants. It also rapidly flowers, producing buds in around 6-8 weeks.
- A lot of patients who are using Northern Lights for medicinal reasons are using it to treat things like depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, nausea and lack of appetite.
- While its sedative pain-relieving effects are great for people who suffer from chronic pain or insomnia, it’s really not a good choice if you want to smoke something that energizes you. You can’t expect to smoke some Northern Lights and then go to work or finish big projects because you simply won’t have the motivation to do much after a few hits.
Northern Lights is a widely popular hybrid strain for growers because it’s so easy to grow. The particular variety we chose is even easier because it’s autoflowering and feminized, so it will be a breeze to grow and a lot of fun to use. If you’ve got a few hours to spend “in da couch” you should definitely consider Northern Lights. You can pick up autoflowering feminized Northern Lights seeds here and find out what all the hype is about.
7. Bubblegum 60% Sativa/ 40% Indica (Feminized)
Taking a hit of Bubblegum is like taking a hit of pure 90’s pop nostalgia. We know that the Bubblegum strain has been around since at least 1993 when a group of breeders from Amsterdam called TH Seeds presented it to the world and it’s since become a classic. It’s typically an intensely Indica-forward strain that causes “couch-lock”, but the Bubblegum seeds we chose are mostly Sativa to prevent this. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by its sweet taste with flavors like berry and fruit, as well as its effects.
- The Bubblegum strain is easy to grow and suitable for beginners. It’s somewhat fungal-resistant and can be grown in a greenhouse, indoors or outdoors in a temperate environment. If you grow it indoors, many people have reported good results from the SOG (Sea of Green) method.
- Bubblegum has a delicious, sweet candy-and-berries taste and will leave you feeling bubbly and happy. Some of the affects you can expect are sleepiness, pain relief, muscle and total body relaxation. It gives you a mood-boost almost immediately and then makes you sleepy when it the “head high” starts to wear off, so it’s a good choice for people with insomnia or who are having trouble getting restful sleep. It’s a great strain to smoke at the end of a stressful day to unwind, but make sure you have a few hours to spend on the couch!
- The Sativa effects wear off eventually and then the Indica sets in. You’ll be very aware that your muscles are relaxed and you feel sleepy and lethargic. This definitely isn’t a strain you should smoke in order to get the energy needed to complete a large project because you’ll likely run out of steam and motivation halfway through.
Bubblegum is a great strain to grow if you’re longing to re-live the 90’s, or you’re new to cannabis-growing and want to start with a strain that isn’t too fussy. You’re likely to feel “couch-lock” effects from it once the energizing Sativa wears off, but a lot of people like the effects and use Bubblegum to alleviate things like chronic pain and insomnia. If you want to try some of these sweet seeds yourself, click here.
6. Blue Dream 80% Sativa/ 20% Indica (Feminized)
You’re probably thinking that with a name like “Blue Dream” this strain will put you immediately to sleep, but there’s actually very little chance of that happening because it’s so Sativa-dominant. Its Sativa effects will leave you feeling great and its sweet blueberry taste will leave you wanting more. The strain is created by combining Blueberry and Haze plants to create a really dreamy plant. Blue Dream is highly praised among people using it for medicinal reasons, and it makes beautiful blue buds that are dotted with lots of trichomes and a few orange and blue hairs as well.
- It has just the right amount of Indica properties to send body pain packing, without leaving you feeling completely immobilized. It gives you a burst of energy and elevates your mood, so it’s a good strain for people who suffer from depression, and it’s a good strain for de-stressing at the end of a particularly bad day.
- This strain can be grown both indoors and outdoors if you live in a temperate climate. If you grow it indoors, growers suggest using hydroponics and the SOG (Sea of Green) method.
- If you have anxiety or experience panic attacks, you may want to skip this strain. It’s got high THC levels and the high it produces has a tendency to hit you really fast. In fact, it could hit too fast and feel like it’s too much and if you’ve got anxiety this could be enough to exacerbate it.
- This strain is moderately difficult to grow. You’ll need to supply these plants with ample nutrients through all life stages in order to ensure that you get the gorgeous blue buds you want. They’re not resistant to either hot or cold temperatures, so you’ll have to keep them in a place with a consistent temperature. It’s also worth noting that they can grow more than 5 feet tall, so you’ll have to top them if you’re keeping them indoors. And watch out for spider mites because while they’re resistant to mold, they’re definitely not spider mite- resistant.
Blue Dream is a good strain choice for anyone who wants some pain relief without sedative effects, for those who are depressed, for people who need stress relief, and for recreational use. The plants are a little fussy to grow but it’s definitely worth it when it produces big beautiful blue buds for you. The blueberry flavor and the giddy giggly effect it’s known for providing make Blue Dream not only a treat to enjoy, but also one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds. You can pick up your Blue Dream seeds here.
5. Girl Scout Cookies 60% Indica/ 40% Sativa (Auto Feminized)
Girl Scout Cookies is a well-known and well-loved Indica-forward strain in North America that tastes and produces aromas of confectionery perfection. It was made by crossing another classic, OG Kush with Durban Poison. It’s quickly becoming popular among medicinal cannabis users because of its Indica properties and its great taste. So it’s pretty clear that most people agree that Girl Scout Cookies is one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds you can get.
- Girl Scout Cookies has a lot of medicinal uses. It’s great for pain relief, muscle relaxation, loss of appetite, nausea and to combat insomnia. In fact the total body relaxation I likely to leave you feeling glued to the couch. While your body is relaxed, you’ll feel a sense of euphoria and mood elevation that make it a good choice for people who suffer from depression.
- This strain is relatively resistant to mold, disease and pests.
- Girl Scout Cookies is a strain that’s pretty likely to make you sleepy and you’ll lack the motivation to do most things. It’s definitely not a strain you can smoke and expect to get things done.
- This strain is moderately difficult to grow. It’s best grown indoors using the SOG (Sea of Green) method. It’s a little resilient though and it COULD be grown by a beginner. But if you’re going to grow this with anything less than intermediate cannabis-growing skills, you should really do thorough research into the strain first.
Girl Scout Cookies is currently one of the most popular marijuana strains in North America. It’s got a lot of medicinal properties that make it good for practically anyone to use and enjoy- unless you have something you have to do shortly after smoking it. Its Indica properties are excellent for relaxation and pain relief. And even though it’s a little tricky to grow, it can be really rewarding to harvest its gorgeous, purple-tinted buds that smell like something from your favorite bakery. You can get your hands on some Girl Scout Cookies seeds here.
4. Sirius Black 70% Indica/ 30% Sativa (Feminized)
Although it shares its name with a dark, mysterious character from the Harry Potter series, the Oregon Breeders Group says they’ve been producing this strain of bud since the ‘80s in Portland. Don’t get disheartened though because this bud is still magical enough to be associated with HP’s Sirius. It’s got pretty purple buds that taste grape-y and have aromas of grape, berry, wood and spice. It’s pretty likely that you’ll feel like someone put a sleeping charm on you when you smoke Sirius Black, but you’ll feel the stress melt away and give way to the euphoria first.
- Sirius Black has a serious high THC content. With 25% THC, it’s going to be a strong high that lasts for hours. You can expect a cerebral high first with the euphoric and happy sensations associated with Sativa, along with a little energy and creativity. Then you’ll transition to a body high that leaves you fully relaxed, pain and muscle-spasm or cramp-free. This is an ideal strain for people who suffer from chronic pain, nausea, lack of appetite, insomnia or other sleep disorders or depression.
- You won’t need to cold-shock this strain, and in fact it will ruin it if you do. It’s just naturally purple due to high levels of anthocyanin pigments.
- There’s not really a guide for generally accepted rules on how to grow this strain because its parentage and grow-rituals are a well-kept secret. You’ll get better results from keeping it in a warm, moist environment and using the Sea of Green or Screen of Green methods. Basically, you’re going to have more fun with Sirius if you’ve got more cannabis-growing experience under your belt.
Sirius Black seeds produce beautiful purple plants with orange hairs. The trichomes even appear to be lavender-tinted. This high- THC, Indica-forward strain will give you a high that’s out-out-of-this-world, just like its namesake, the dog star Sirius. A few hits of Sirius Black and you’ll be somewhere between a weed-induced coma and euphoria, which is why so many people agree that it’s one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds you can grow! Click here to pick up and try some Sirius Black seeds for yourself.
3. Purple Haze 85% Sativa/ 15% Indica (Feminized)
If you’re a Jimi Hendrix fan (or even if you aren’t), you’ve probably become familiar with this strain through his song with the same name. This wouldn’t be a list of the best hybrid cannabis seeds if we didn’t include this one! It was first made by combining the rare Purple Thai plant with Haze to produce a powerful hybrid plant. Of course because of its dominant Sativa side, it gives you a head high that causes a sense of happiness, laughing, euphoria, a burst of energy and creativity. It hits fast and hits hard with its high THC content, so it will have you saying “Scuse me while I kiss the sky”!
- It’s grow difficulty is easy, and it’s resistant to things like mold and disease. You can grow it indoors or outdoors if you live in a temperate climate. Purple Haze is a suitable strain for beginners.
- Because of its cerebral effects people find it suitable for mood elevation, depression, chronic fatigue and recreational use.
- Purple Haze seeds produce an attractive plant with lime green buds, orange and purple hairs and lots of trichomes.
- It’s got fruit, berry, sweet, spicy and earthy flavors. All these flavors mix for a complex taste that evolves and you’ll notice something different with every hit.
- This plant really takes off and gets tall fast. If you’re growing it indoors, you’re going to have a hard time keeping control of its height unless you use the SCRoG or SOG methods.
- Because the high kicks in so fast and is so intense, this strain may make people with anxiety a little uncomfortable.
If you’re looking for a classic cannabis strain that will give you an intense and uplifting high, Purple Haze is an excellent choice. The high you get from it will last for hours, so you get a lot of bang for your buck with these seeds. Its strong effects, complex flavors and the fact that it’s easy to grow to make it one of the best hybrid cannabis seeds around. Go to this site to get your Purple Haze seed.
2. Hawaiian Gold 50% Indica/ 50% Sativa (Autoflowering)
Hawaiian Gold is a good choice for anyone who wants a marijuana strain that has medicinal qualities that affect the body as well as the mind because it’s an equal balance between Indica and Sativa. It’s actually not called Hawaiian Gold because of its taste, but because of the plant’s color. It’s ideal for daytime use because it delivers an energizing high that lasts a long time. And because of its balance of Indica and Sativa properties, it’s great for a plethora of medicinal uses.
- It’s used to treat chronic pain, nausea, appetite loss, headaches, and depression. It can make you feel happy, giggly and euphoric at first, followed by a body high that makes you feel relaxed, but not like you’re melting into the couch. Once the more cerebral effects wear off you can even use it to get a good night’s sleep, so it’s also used to treat sleep disorders like insomnia.
- This isn’t a good strain to use if you’re trying to treat something using CBD (like seizures) because there’s only about 1% CBD in it.
- Although the variety we chose is autoflowering which makes it fairly fool proof, it’s not the most productive plant. You’ll likely only see a moderate yield.
Hawaiian Gold is on our list of the best hybrid cannabis seeds is because it’s a good balance of Indica and Sativa, it has medicinal effects on both the body and the mind, it tastes great (like flowers, earth and fruit), and it’s a good strain for daytime use. The autoflowering variety we chose for our list takes the guesswork out of growing this strain, which was already fairly easy to grow. If you want a good wake-and-bake strain, get your Hawaiian Gold seeds here.
1. Gelato 55% Indica/ 45% Sativa (Autoflowering)
Gelato seeds are the best hybrid cannabis seeds you can get. This strain was made by combining crowd favorites Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. A lot of people compare its flavor to a sweet, fruity sherbet that tastes of orange and blueberry, but with a mix of floral and earthy flavours. Like most Indica-forward hybrids, it’s got a lot of medicinal uses and it’s fun for recreational use as well.
- Gelato is fun as a recreational strain if you’re looking for psychedelic effects. It causes things like sensitivity to sounds, a feeling that time slows down or speeds up, and a floating feeling.
- People use it to treat a variety of things. You’re hit with a cerebral high first that makes you happy, uplifts your mood, gives you energy and makes your forehead throb a little. The head high gives way to a body high that’s pretty intense, but won’t leave you feeling stuck in the couch or sedated. People use it to treat pain, depression, muscle spasms and migraines.
- If you’ve never experienced a high-THC strain with psychedelic effects that also gives you an intense “head high”, you might be unprepared for this cerebral punch, making you uncomfortable.
- Even though the variety we chose is autoflowering, it’s going to be moderately difficult to grow. If you’re growing it indoors, it’s recommended that you use a grow tent because it will regulate temperature.
Gelato is a great choice if you want psychedelic, mood-altering and medicinal benefits all at once. It’s ideal for recreational use among people who have experience with high-THC strains. Because of its Girl Scout Cookies parentage, it has a great flavor which makes it a treat. The plant can be a little finicky when it comes to temperature, but the variety we chose is auto-flowering so it will take some of the guesswork out of growing it. If you want them to grow the best hybrid cannabis seeds, click here to buy your Gelato seeds here.
Hybrid cannabis seeds seem like a great idea to many people because they combine the best traits of both Indicas and Sativas. With hybrids you can achieve plants that give you a body high that relaxes your whole body without feeling like you’re unable to move. And you can have plants that give you a “head high” but can also relax your whole body. The best hybrid cannabis seeds are essentially the best of both worlds. If you’re contemplating growing hybrid cannabis seeds, hopefully you’ve got enough information to get you started after reading this article, and the seeds we’ve suggested will give you a good place to start your search for the best hybrid cannabis seeds. Good luck!
How do I grow autoflowering seeds?
Growing them indoors or in a greenhouse is best because you’ll need to regulate the temperature in their environment and avoid root rot from rain. You’ll need to top your plant regularly and start training it early so that it doesn’t get too tall and grow out of control. And remember that you won’t need to use the nutrients as much during the vegetative stage as you will during the bloom stage.
How do I tell if a seed is good?
If the seed is solid and doesn’t crack when squeezed, it’s probably a viable seed. “Tiger stripes” on a seed are another indication that it’s good. It’s not mature enough yet if it’s got a softshell or it’s light-colored.
What is a feminized seed?
Feminized seeds will grow only female plants, which will guarantee buds. You won’t have to cull out male plants or worry about them pollinating your female plants because they won’t exist. They should only be used for growing purposes and not breeding purposes because they contain only one set of genes.
How can I ensure proper seed germination?
You need to provide your seed with a dark, moist environment with a consistent temperature between 22-25 degrees Celsius. Seeds will need a humidity of 70-90% as well. And don’t directly touch your seeds, but use gloves and tools instead.
How do I germinate seeds in a paper towel?
Take a piece of paper towel and place it on a flat surface like a plate, place your seeds on top of the paper towel, cover with another paper towel and then moisten it. In 3-5 days you should notice that your seeds have developed tap roots and they’re ready to be transplanted.