Great for chocolate lovers! Almond laced cookies are crispy yummy treats with fresh orange zest to give you that fruity taste you seek. These homely cookies are covered with chocolate, so you can imagine the result of this killer combination.
Prepared with other ingredients like brown rice syrup, all-purpose gluten-free flour, coconut oil, and coconut milk, the sweet delights are gluten and vegan free too. As a reminder, before you get lost in the fun of swallowing several spoons of this delicious treat—the coconut oil is cannabis-infused.
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour (I like this one) or white flour
- 1 tbsp powdered or fresh orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 cup cannabis infused coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup (this one is my fave)
- 2 tbsp full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 275° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Chop the sliced almonds into small pieces and add them to a bowl with the Flour, Orange Zest, Salt and Sugar.
3. In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine Green Oil, Coconut Oil, Brown Rice Syrup, and Coconut Milk. Stir just until the mixture comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and add Vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan and mix until combined. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is cool enough to handle with your fingers.
5. Using a Tablespoon, scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 3-4 inches of space in between the cookies.
6. Bake 15-17 minutes, rotating the pan once during baking. Cool on sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving them onto a cooling rack.
7. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies and sprinkle with powdered sugar.