Start to Finish: 4 hours 20 minutes (active: 20 minutes)
Yields: 15 truffles
Approximate Dosage: 20mg THC per truffle*
Ingredients for Truffle Base:
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ⅔ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup cannabis butter
Makes enough for one batch of truffles; double or triple the recipe to make two or all three of the versions below.
Mexican Chocolate Truffles
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
Turkish Coffee Truffles
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- ⅔ cup pistachios, chopped finely
Chinese 5-Spice truffles
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice powder
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- ⅔ cup confectioner’s sugar
- To make the truffle base, combine the chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Bring the whipping cream to a boil over medium heat, then remove from heat and pour directly over the chocolate and butter. Stir until both are thoroughly combined and melted, and a smooth consistency is reached.
- Combine the filling ingredients of your choice in a small bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add filling ingredients to chocolate and pour the mixture into a container, making sure the mixture is poured at least three centimeters deep. Refrigerate for four hours.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out individual balls of chocolate. Shape by rolling between your palms if needed.
- Roll in the coating ingredient and store in a covered container.
These chocolates have far less weed taste compared to cookies.
*Pro Tip! Pour your truffles into an ice-cube tray. After chilling, set the tray in hot water briefly, then easily pry out the little cubes. Roll in cocoa powder for a finished look. This is much easier and less messy than forming the truffles into balls if you don’t like to get your hands messy.