If you are a little hesitant to grow your own cannabis, don’t worry. There are cannabis seeds for beginners. These seeds are somewhat easier to grow and take care of and specially made for people with no experience in growing their own cannabis.
The easiest seeds to plant are feminized seeds and these cannabis seeds for beginners are guaranteed the right type for flowering, cutting down your time trying to identify the sex of the plant. The best cannabis seeds for beginners can also auto-flowering crops, which automatically transitions from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage.
If you want to grow your own stash, you should definitely start with a strain and the cannabis seeds for beginners.
Fortunately, we gathered a list of the best cannabis seeds for beginners and tested them out so you don’t have to! We also included some information about cannabis seeds for beginners, including buying consideration, growing tips, and more—so make sure you stick around until the end!
This article will feature a large list, so let’s get started!
Where can I buy cannabis seeds for beginners?
Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of the other popular seeds banks across the globe.
|Best in Overall||I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM)|
*Buy 10, Get 10 Free Seeds
|Best Seed Prices||Seedsman||Shop Seeds|
|New Seed Bank||WeedSeedsExpress||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Canada||Crop King Seeds (CKS)||Shop Seeds|
|Best in UK||MSNL||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Spain||Ministry of Cannabis||Shop Seeds|
|Best Canada Distributor||Rocket Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|8th||Sensi Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|9th||Sonoma Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|10th||Beaver Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|11th||SunWest Genetics||Shop Seeds|
|12th||Mary Jane’s Garden||Shop Seeds|
|13th||MJ Seeds Canada||Shop Seeds|
|14th||True North Seed Bank||Shop Seeds|
|15th||Quebec Cannabis Seeds||Shop Seeds|
15 Best Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
15. Grandaddy Purple Autoflower Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This strain is heavy. It is 100% Indica, meaning you might literally fall asleep after consuming a puff or two. This strain is for deep relaxation with a calming buzz. Beginners can easily grow them and all the seeds are feminized to guarantee the best results.
- They have massive buds
- The colour is relaxing to look at
- Great for insomnia
- Excellent for unwinding after a long week of working
- Not for people with low tolerance
- It is not for people who don’t enjoy Indica
One look at this plant will explain why it is called Granddaddy Purple. It is a cross between different pure Indica strains and is a well-known classic strain that came from the west coast and has now taken over the world with legal weed.
14. Girl Scout Cookies Auto Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This popular California strain took the world by storm because of its delicious taste and relaxing effects. This strain is great for any occasion, plus they are easy-to-grow cannabis seeds for beginners.
- High amount of THC (22%)
- Can yield 600 grams in one harvest
- It features an excellent flavour
- It is a popular strain that can produce buds in less than 70 days
- The effects might not be for everyone
- It can be too strong for users with very low tolerance
These seeds can create massive plants. Some people can even yield over a thousand grams if they get lucky or use the right growing techniques. However, it does not necessarily mean that beginners cannot produce the same. All you need to do is give your plant the right amount of care and you will be happy with your harvest!
13. Sour Diesel Autoflower Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This dank strain delivers psychedelic effects with a feeling of euphoria and energy in your body. It is a great strain for starting your day right with positivity and the energy you need to take on almost any challenge; whether it is for work or for just life in general.
- It is easy to grow and beginners can gain experience from growing them
- It only takes 8 weeks to start flowering
- It is potent in THC
- The plants are compact for indoor growing
- It does not yield as much as other strains
- It is for boosting energy, but users can feel a little lazy at times.
Overall, Sour Diesel is a Sativa-dominant strain with a little bit of a body buzz, which makes it a great option if you want to relax at home. It is very easy to grow and does not need as much attention as other seeds and strains—thanks to its auto-flowering, anti-mould, and indoor growing characteristics.
12. White Widow Feminized Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
White Widow is another outstanding strain that beginners can grow at home. It is an award-winning strain because of its potency and incredible effects. It consists of both THC and CBD, making it a great choice for medical use.
- Treats pain and anxiety
- It contains a great mixture of CBD and THC
- It is recommended for beginners
- It can reach the flowering stage in less than three months
- The yield is kind of low, especially for the price
- The strong emotional effects might get people paranoid
Overall, this strain is worth growing in your home. The high THC percentage makes it a long-lasting strain you can maximize for both health and recreational reasons. It features a very uplifting high that can make anyone generally happy but can also make people sadder if their high turns a little bit into wrong direction. However, releasing stress by being emotional can be really healthy as well.
11. Northern Lights Autoflower Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
Northern Lights is a strain that originated in the Netherlands, hence the name. It is one of the most popular strains that almost every cannabis user knows about, and that is because of its fantastic effects, taste, and benefits. These frosted buds that feature an earthy smell are an excellent strain that beginners can plant in their home with ease.
- It is a well-trusted brand
- Most seeds are easy to germinate
- It is easy to grow
- It can yield up to 250 grams
- Some seeds fail to germinate, but it is only isolated issues from some consumers
- A little bit expensive
This strain is excellent for treating pain, depression, seizures, and more. It is also excellent for recreational use. Whether you just want to enjoy a movie or unwind after a long day at work, this strain does a superb job—and beginners can easily grow them in their homes.
10. Agent Orange Feminized Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
Agent orange is a relatively new strain that is a crossbreed between not two, but three different strains. Imagine having to crossbreed these strains yourself using regular seeds and other breeding technology. Well, you don’t have to because cultivators already did the job for you. All you need to do is germinate and wait.
- It is an excellent strain for daytime use
- It has an energizing effect
- It can boost creativity
- It can also improve your mood and make you happy
- The seeds are easy to plant and they can reach the flowering stage quickly
- It is not auto-flowering, but the seeds are all female
- Not for people who like a head high
Because this strain is a combination of different strains, it has a unique flavour, aesthetic, and effect. It is easy to grow inside the house, and it can yield a lot of flowers when you grow them out as they can get really tall. Many people like to grow them hydroponically, but you can choose any method you want as long as you are comfortable.
9. Acapulco Gold Feminized Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
If you are looking to grow a luxurious strain of weeds all the way from the coast of Mexico to your backyard, these seeds are excellent for beginners who live in warm places. If you live in a tropical city, you can make the most out of the warm weather and grow these cannabis seeds for beginners.
- It has an energizing effect
- It can easily grow in warm places
- Great for beginners
- The buds are dense and covered with gold resin
- A little bit expensive
- Not for harsh medical conditions
Acapulco Gold gives off a very mellow and uplifting high, which many people enjoy when they are on vacation or just chilling at home and watching a movie. If you are convinced that you want to try growing this incredible strain, you can give it a shot even if you are a beginner. All the seeds are guaranteed to be females, so you would not have a problem worrying if they produce buds or not.
8. AK47 Autoflower Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This next strain is another popular option that is made easy to grow. Beginners will definitely find it easy to grow this strain, thanks to its auto-flowering technology. If you are looking for a strain that can be the first-ever cannabis plant you can grow easily in your home, the AK47 might be a good choice for you.
- It is a very popular strain
- It contains both THC and CBD
- It will take around three months to harvest
- It produces a relaxing aroma
- It is very potent
- This strain is not suitable for all climates
- The CBD count is minimal
This strain is not only for first-time growers, but because the potency is a little bit mild compared to the original AK47 strain, novice smokers can also enjoy this to build up their tolerance. It still has some amazing health benefits that medical can also utilize for improving their health and overall mood.
7. Amnesia Haze Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
As a beginner, one of the most rewarding feelings is getting a big yield when harvesting your plants. The Express Amnesia Haze seeds will almost always provide a large yield, which is great if you don’t ever want to run low on your stash.
- It is potent
- It is suitable for growing in and out of the house
- It provides an energetic high
- It produces large buds
- It is suitable for first-time growers
- It is quite expensive
- It is not potent enough for treating severe health issues
Any beginner would be pumped with these seeds. They are very easy to grow, and you can get a massive harvest for stocking your shelves with an excellent strain of cannabis for medical or recreational use.
6. Strawberry Cheesecake Auto Feminised Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
From the name itself, you already know what this strain is all about. It is a mixture of two different strains, and aside from auto-flowering, they are also feminized—making them great cannabis seeds for beginners to try growing.
- Can produce a 500g yield
- It has dense buds
- It is potent
- Excellent choice for beginners
- You will need to plant them in the right environment
- It takes a while to reach the flowering stage
This strain is all about flavour. Some of its primary medical benefits are boosting your appetite, preventing anxiety attacks, and reducing stress. The aroma has a very strong Skunk smell that can be relaxing, just by smelling it. Aside from producing top buds, it is also rich in resin and trichomes that you can turn into edibles and concentrates.
5. Blue Dream Feminized Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This iconic strain is very easy to grow at home. Because all of the seeds are female, you don’t need to worry about crossbreeding them or worry about them not producing seedless buds. It is a strain that is native in California and known for its fruity flavour and cerebral high. Many users who love Sativa will love this strain because of its 70% Sativa content.
- It has excellent benefits for treating depression, pain, stress, anxiety, and many more medical benefits
- It is suitable for beginners
- The reaches flowering stage pretty quick for something that is non-auto-flowering
- You can yield up to 850 grams of flower in one harvest
- It is excellent to use during the day as it can boost creativity and energy for work
- All the seeds are guaranteed to be female
- It is not for first-time cultivators, but it is definitely a good strain to grow for testing your skills after growing a few batches of auto-flowering crops
- It might be a little more challenging to grow outdoors because it requires a timeframe that matches the sunlight duration
The buds on this plant look very beautiful. One glance at their dense buds can make any smoker craving to try some out. They are not the best cannabis seeds for beginners, but they are quite easier to grow than using regular seeds as all of the seeds are already feminized.
4. White Label Super Skunk Automatic Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
These seeds can grow into one of the most popular strains of all time; The White Label Super Skunk. It is a 30-year-old strain that is one of the easiest to grow—especially for beginners. It only takes around six weeks until it reaches its flowering stage, allowing growers to get early access to one of the best cannabis strains known to man.
- It has a consistent growth pattern that is easy to maintain
- The citrusy scent can make any grow room be more enticing
- It is an excellent choice for people growing cannabis for the first time
- It takes less than three months to harvest
- It is a little bit expensive
- The yield is a little too low, but it makes up for it with the flavour and potency
This plant is very beautiful. First-time growers will definitely have a blast growing them and observing its consistent growing cycle. It has many benefits, whether you want to use it fr medical or recreational purposes. The plant itself is not only fragrant, but it tastes very fruity as well. Some might say that the buds are a little too small. However, they are dense and it grows into a bright-green colour with a generous amount of trichomes and resin for making hash and other concentrates.
3. White Label Purple Bud Automatic Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This indoor and outdoor growing strain is an excellent choice for beginners. It is a very compact plant that is easy to grow. It basically grows by itself without providing too much attention or maintenance.
- It is compact
- It is most suitable for indoor growing
- It is potent with tons of medical benefits
- It gives a relaxing high with cerebral effects for boosting creativity
- It is a suitable strain for beginners
- You can only harvest a medium number of crops from the plant because of its size
- It might not grow in warm areas
It is a very chill strain that is easy to grow. If you are into meditation and relaxing after a long day at work, this strain will definitely go with your lifestyle. It is an Indica strain with some cerebral effects that can make you a little more energetic instead of glued to the couch like other Indica-dominant strains. Aside from its medical benefits, it is an all-around strain that is also excellent for recreational use.
2. Bruce Banner Autoflower Medical Cannabis Seeds
This cannabis strain is named after Bruce Banner not because you will get angry after smoking it, but because it works very quickly. One puff of this potent strain will turn you from good old Bruce Banner into the mighty incredible Hulk almost instantly! Plus, the strain is quite similar to Hulk’s complexion.
- It has 25% THC
- It has an excellent cerebral high with a subtle body buzz
- The high is very euphoric and would generally make the user very happy
- It is a great option for boosting creativity
- It has excellent medical purposes that can treat anxiety and stress
- It is easy to grow and novice growers can take a shot at it
- It won the Cannabis Cup
- It might be too tall for low ceilings and grow boxes
- Don’t expect the yield to be as much as other strains
- It is not recommended if it is your first time ever growing a cannabis plant
Overall, it is Indica dominant, but the high is very mellow compared to other hybrid and Indica strains. The best thing about them is it only takes about 8 weeks to reach flowering and can yield up to 250 grams of potent buds! If you are into flavour, aroma, and need a good treatment for anxiety and depression—this strain will make an excellent choice and it’s one of the best cannabis seeds for beginners.
1. Gorilla Glue Autoflower Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
This strain is rich in potent and dense buds with a high that can both be energetic or glue you to the couch—but in a good way. This strain is an excellent choice for beginners, and it is very easy to grow—even without experience.
- It is a fantastic choice of seeds for beginners
- Winner of the Cannabis Cup and Jamaican World Cup
- It is compact and easy to grow indoors
- It automatically starts flowering in around 8 weeks
- It consists of 26% THC potency
- It is a perfect mix of 50% Indica and 50% Sativa
- It grows in most temperatures
- Does not require a lot of maintenance and attention
- All seeds are guaranteed to pass germination
- The harvest might be too low
- Not as potent as non-auto Gorilla Glue
If you are looking for a great set of cannabis seeds for beginners, that you can harvest in three months or less, this strain might be an excellent choice. They do not require your full attention and do not take most of your time when you start growing them. Beginners would definitely have a blast planting and harvesting these seeds with a sense of fulfillment and success 100% percent of the time!
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
Choosing the right cannabis seeds for beginners is not that difficult. All you need to do is make sure that you bought auto-flowering or feminized seeds to cut down the growing time and make sure you select the right strain to get the benefits you need. Here is a list of the considerations when choosing the cannabis seeds for beginners to grow for their first time:
If you are growing your plants indoors, make sure you have the right equipment before choosing cannabis seeds for beginners to grow. Some people prefer to grow their stash outdoors because they need less equipment, but if you want to be discreet, you can always learn how to set up a cannabis grow room.
Choosing the seed type is essential when looking for good cannabis seeds for beginners. If you are a beginner, steer clear from regular seeds for now because they are the most challenging to grow and breed. You should probably stick to feminized seeds and auto-flowering cannabis seeds at this point to get a higher chance of succeeding in growing and harvesting your own cannabis plants.
Regular seeds have mixed genders, meaning not all seeds are guaranteed to produce buds. It is more challenging to grow regular seeds because you will need to cultivate and cross breed the male and female species to produce flowering buds with no seeds, AKA sinsemilla.
Feminized seeds are usually guaranteed to produce a potent flower. It is excellent for medical use and fairly easy to grow. However, growers need to make sure to get the cannabis seeds for beginners from a reputable source to make sure that they don’t have stray male seeds that could cause the seeds to produce seeds instead of buds.
Auto-flowering buds are the best type of cannabis seeds for beginners. They are usually the quickest to grow, and they only take around three months before you can harvest them. They are less potent than feminized seeds, but they automatically change from the vegetative cycle to the flowering stage without switching the lighting routines. If it is your first time growing your own stash, we definitely recommend choosing auto-flowering seeds first.
Can you grow cannabis seeds for beginners indoors?
Cannabis seeds for beginners are very easy to grow indoors when you have all the equipment you need for room lighting, grow boxes, and other types of equipment. Alternatively, you can also earn how to grow cannabis hydroponically.
Are cannabis seeds for beginners easy to grow?
Auto-flowering and feminized cannabis seeds for beginners are easy to grow. However, there is quite a learning curve—especially if you have zero experience in growing any type of plant. However, the chances of succeeding in growing your first cannabis plant with these types of seeds are significantly higher than using regular seeds.
Is it legal to grow cannabis seeds for beginners in Canada?
It is legal to grow cannabis in Canada. However, you are only allowed to grow up to 4 plants at a time for personal use. Besides, you can only buy cannabis seeds for beginners from licensed distributors.
Another law regarding growing your own cannabis is that you have to do it yourself. It means you cannot hire someone else, which is why it is essential to use cannabis seeds for beginners when growing cannabis for the first time.
What equipment do you need to grow cannabis seeds for beginners?
It depends on where you want to grow your cannabis. For indoor grow houses and grow boxes, you will need sufficient lighting, timers, extension cords, reflective materials, soil, pots, and a couple of other tools. Growing plants in your backyard using cannabis seeds for beginners Is a lot simpler.
Are auto-flowering cannabis seeds for beginners the best?
Auto-flowering cannabis seeds for beginners is an excellent choice if you want to grow cannabis with less hands-on attention to the growing plants. All you need to do is put them in the soil, set a few timer settings, and wait for three months until you can finally harvest the buds for consumption.