When it comes to planning your next outdoor cannabis garden you want to find the best strains of cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. There are some cannabis seeds that are better suited to be grown indoors and there are those that produce more when grown outdoors. Some strains of cannabis seeds are best grown outdoors where they can grow faster and produce higher yields. Growing outdoors is also the cheapest way to grow cannabis seeds.
You do not need to regulate lights, fans, air filters, or electricity. They are, mostly, self-sufficient and only need to be monitored. There are some strains that require more growing experience to get them to produce dense buds with a high THC content. Growing a cannabis seed outdoors is rewarding.
Where can I buy cannabis seeds to grow outdoors?
Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of the other popular seeds banks across the globe.
|Best in Overall||I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM)|
*Buy 10, Get 10 Free Seeds
|Best Seed Prices||Seedsman||Shop Seeds|
|New Seed Bank||WeedSeedsExpress||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Canada||Crop King Seeds (CKS)||Shop Seeds|
|Best in UK||MSNL||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Spain||Ministry of Cannabis||Shop Seeds|
|Best Canada Distributor||Rocket Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|8th||Sensi Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|9th||Sonoma Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|10th||Beaver Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|11th||SunWest Genetics||Shop Seeds|
|12th||Mary Jane’s Garden||Shop Seeds|
|13th||MJ Seeds Canada||Shop Seeds|
|14th||True North Seed Bank||Shop Seeds|
|15th||Quebec Cannabis Seeds||Shop Seeds|
10. Frisian Duck
Frisian Duck is a hybrid cannabis seed engineered to grow outdoors. This cannabis strain is equal parts indica and sativa. Frisian Duck is a cross between Frisian Dew and a unique strain called Ducks Foot. This is a prefect cannabis seed for a beginner to grow outdoors. It is a great option for those who have neighbors because Frisian Duck does not look like a traditional cannabis plant. It grows leaves that are shaped like webbed duck feet and can grow very tall. Smoking the product creates a memorable head high that is not overwhelming.
- Frisian Duck leaves the user feeling motivated, happy, and relaxed.
- This strain has a THC content of 14 to 17%, perfect for beginners.
- Medically helps with lack of appetite, stress, eye pressure, fatigue, and migraines.
- This cannabis seed can be grown well outdoors and is resistant to molds and mildews.
- If not properly hydrated the user can experience dry eyes and mouth.
- Though the plant is stealthy once it starts to flower it can grow very tall and can be cause for concern.
Frisian Duck is a great cannabis seed to grow outdoors. It is resilient to molds and mildews; it is a beautiful purple shade when flowering and is usually ready to harvest around late September or early October. This plant can produce 16 oz or more per plant when grown outdoors in a sunny environment. The effects of Frisian Duck produce a mild surge of energy, relaxing the user. Other strains can leave the user feeling anxious or paranoid when over indulged, however, Frisian Duck does not do that. It remains relaxing the entire time. Truly a great choice for an all-around beginner.
9. Critical Kush
Critical Kush is a relatively easy cannabis seed to grow outdoors. Though it can become finicky if the conditions are not right. Critical Kush is a hybrid indica dominant strain. When grown this cannabis seed tends to be bushy and yield large amounts of bud, about 23 oz per plant. The effects from the product of this cannabis seed are well balanced and a popular choice amongst medicinal users.
- Critical Kush leaves the user feeling relaxed and happy.
- The plant has a 25% THC content.
- Medically helps with stress, pain, insomnia, and depression.
- Growing this cannabis seed outdoors is easy because it is resistant to common molds and mildews.
- Dry mouth and dry eyes are common when using Critical Kush.
- Inexperienced users can also experience anxiety, dizziness, and nervousness.
Critical Kush requires a dry, warm, and mild climate when the seed is grown outdoors. It can take 9 to 10 weeks for the plant to flower to maturity. It is fairly easy to grow but the conditions are finicky. This strain induces relaxation and is a great treatment for a series of pain ailments. Migraines, back pain, muscle spasms, joint aches, and inflammation symptoms are best helped with this strain. Critical Kush are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors.
8. Sour Diesel
Sour Diesel is a hard cannabis seed to grow outdoors. While it requires a lot of attention and perfect conditions the yield is worth the work. Sour Diesel is one of the most popular strains in the world. This sativa imparts a powerful cerebral high that can last for hours. This cannabis seed can grow well outdoors in a warm environment and grows a little slowly. The light green buds can be fully matured within 10 weeks and can create about 25 oz or more per plant.
- The effects of this strain are happy, energetic, and uplifting.
- Potent with a THC content of 22%.
- Medically helps with depression, fatigue, lack of appetite, and pain.
- The high can last up to five hours.
- Experience required.
- When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors it is prone to a powdery mildew. Watchout!
- Anxiety, and nervousness can be experienced due to potency
Sour Diesel is a great challenge for pros who like to grow cannabis seeds outdoors. These seeds grow tall and mature within 9 to 10 weeks. When grown outside this cannabis seed requires a warm and sunny climate. Sour Diesel is loved mostly by recreational users. The mood boost and motivational energy unlock creativity within the user. This perfect upper tastes like bitter citrus. The patience and attention given to this cannabis seed yield great results.
7. Amnesia Haze
Amnesia Haze are challenging cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. It is not recommended for beginners, but the yield is rewarding. When grown outdoors this cannabis seed can take a while to flower, usually 11 to 13 weeks. Amnesia Haze is demanding and requires a lot of sunlight, temperatures between 70- and 80-degrees Fahrenheit, it needs to be trimmed regularly and needs good airflow. These are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors because you will get a yield of about 25 oz per plant or more. Patience is important and the reward will be worth it.
- Amnesia Haze leaves its users feeling euphoric, energetic, and happy.
- The cannabis plant has a 21% THC content.
- Medically helps with depression, stress, pain, fatigue, and lack of appetite.
- This is a great strain for social events.
- Temporary memory lapses can occur due to the potency.
- Stay hydrated to avoid dry eyes and mouth.
- Amnesia Haze requires a lot of attention, which can be time-consuming.
Amnesia Haze are high-yielding cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. It requires a lot of love and care, but the product is worth it. This strain needs a warm and sunny environment to thrive. Staking is a recommended technique to use near the end of the flowering cycle to counter the weight from the buds. The effects of Amnesia Haze can leave the user feeling creative, floaty, and excited.
6. Blue Cheese
Blue Cheese is a cross between Blueberry and UK Cheese. These are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors, especially for novice growers. Blue Cheese can successfully produce a large yield because it is vigorous in nature and resilient to common plant issues. When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors it is still relatively short. It grows to a height of about 80 cm and can produce about 19 oz of product per plant. Blue Cheese is a strain loved by both medicinal and recreational users. The effects experienced with this strain are euphoric and allow the user to feel maximum happy vibes.
- The effects of Blue Cheese are incredible for relaxation and happy feelings.
- The plant produces buds with a 20% THC content.
- Medically helps stress, pain, depression, insomnia, and lack of appetite.
- This cannabis seed grown outdoors is resilient to diseases and naturally resistant to mold.
- Dehydrated users can experience dry eyes and mouth.
- Those users unexperienced with the potency can experience aggravated paranoia, anxiety, dizziness, and headaches.
- When growing and smoking the plant is stinky. This is fine when growing this cannabis seed outside but can be overwhelming indoors.
Blue Cheese are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. This strain is a great choice for beginner growers. Blue Cheese seeds grow short and stalky. These cannabis seeds, grown outdoors, produce large resinous buds, about 19 oz per plant. Blue Cheese is normally ready to harvest around September for outdoor cultivation. The medicinal qualities are helpful with anxiety disorders, PTSD, ADHD, and bipolar disorders. When kept happy Blue Cheese produces a great yield and a positive high.
5. Durban Poison
Durban Poison are easy cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. The buds produced by growing this cannabis seed outdoors are fat, heavy, and sticky. A sativa dominant masterpiece, Durban Poison leaves the user with a psychedelic affect and a great boost to happiness. There is no burnout affect after smoking this strain making it a popular choice amongst those working from home. This cannabis seed loves to grow outdoors, it grows very tall and flowers in about 56 to 63 days.
- Durban Poison leaves the user feeling happy, creative, and energetic.
- When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors it has an 18 to 20% THC content.
- Medically helps with stress, depression, fatigue, nausea, and pain.
- When growing Durban Poison outdoors it is resistant to mold and pests.
- Durban Poison can cause dry mouth and eyes if not properly hydrated.
- Some users have been known to feel anxious, paranoid, or have headaches due to the energizing effects.
- This is not a good strain for beginners.
This beautiful purple-colored cannabis plant needs perfect conditions to grow well outdoors, making it a better choice for those who have perfected their outdoor techniques. Durban Poison needs to be in a warm sunny climate to yield its fullest harvest. This strain was found in the ’90s in Africa. It can create about 16oz per plant and can grow about 228 cm. Its beautiful floral smell matches the fruity taste and creates a light body high with a surge of motivational energy.
4. Super Silver Haze
Super Silver Haze are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors for an experienced grower. This strain grows tall and produces a large yield if cared for properly. Super Silver Haze won several Cannabis Cups in the ’90s and remains a popular choice today. This sticky sativa strain boosts creativity and creates a heavy body high. The surge of happiness this strain gives is a great way to enlighten the start of your day.
- Super Silver Haze leaves the user feeling happy, energetic, and creative.
- The beautifully grown buds have an 18% THC content.
- Medically helps with stress, depression, fatigue, lack of appetite, chronic pain.
- These cannabis seeds to grow outdoors have a high resistance to diseases.
- Dehydration with this strain leads to dry eyes and mouth.
- Some users have experienced paranoia, dizziness, and headaches when overindulged.
- Super Silver Haze is hard to grow and needs perfect conditions for a maximum yield.
If you are an experienced grower these are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. The plants grow tall with these branches and large leaves with sharp serrated fingers. This seed usually takes about 70 days to flower when grown outdoors. Super Silver Haze requires a warm equatorial climate to thrive and needs as much direct sunlight as possible. The medical properties of Super Silver Haze are great for chronic back pain, muscle spasms, and PMS. The sour smell and citrus taste are fantastic ways to wake up the brain.
3. White Widow
White Widow was the winner of the Cannabis Cup in 1995. This is a fantastic choice for cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. It produces radiant green leaves with white hairs, a natural beauty. White Widow has a mostly equal indica to sativa ratio. These are cannabis seeds to grow outdoors, and the smoked product will create a powerful cerebral high. White Widow has been known to spark creativity and tastes as fresh and clean as it looks. When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors, it will produce around 21 oz per plant and is usually ready to harvest in October. This is an easy cannabis strain see to grow outdoors and the steady head high of the product is a fun reward.
- White Widow has an 18-25% THC content, usually closer to 25% when the cannabis seed is grown outdoors.
- High resistance to disease makes this a worry-free experience.
- Medically helps with stress, depression, chronic pain, and fatigue.
- Both the high and the growing experience is stable and consistent.
- Stay hydrated to avoid dry eyes and mouth.
- Some users have experienced paranoia and dizziness when they reach their limits.
- The aroma of the plant is potent and omits a stronger smell as the plant grows which can be overwhelming.
White Widow are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. It flourishes in a warm sunny environment but can adapt to a colder climate well. Growing this cannabis seed outdoors is great for beginners because it is forgiving of mistakes and resistant to diseases. This plant can grow up to 8 feet tall when cultivated outdoors and responds well to Supercropping and Lillipopping techniques. White Widow is a favorite of medical consumers. Its medicinal properties make it soothing for several mood disorders including depression, ADHD, and PTSD. The smoke is incredibly smooth and a favorable reward.
2. Northern Lights
Northern Lights are easy cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. This indica dominant strain looks a lot like a sativa plant when it grows. The rich earthy aroma follows through to the taste and provides a relaxing body high. When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors it can produce about 22 oz of beautiful purple-hued buds. This cannabis seed when grown outdoors has a short flowering time, between 45 and 50 days. Usually, Northern Lights is harvested around the middle of October. Outdoors this cannabis seed needs a lot of room, it can grow to be 150 to 200 cm.
- The relaxing high and short flowering time makes Northern Lights are popular cannabis seeds to grow outdoors.
- Northern Lights has an 18% THC content.
- Medically helps with stress, pain, insomnia, depression, lack of appetite, muscles aches, and headaches.
- This strain has a high resistance to diseases.
- This strain is known to cause dry eyes and mouth if not properly hydrated.
- Northern Lights can cause couchlock that is less desirable to some.
- Some users have experienced paranoia and headaches when overindulged.
Northern Lights are popular cannabis seeds to grow outdoors because of its high yield and short flowering time. The bushy, sturdy plant provides a heavy body high that can assist with several medical symptoms. Northern Lights flourishes in warmer climates and is not a high-maintenance plant. Direct sunlight is preferred, however, these cannabis seeds to grow outdoors, does not require any assistance to flower. This cannabis seed can be grown outside by a novice grower easily.
1. Super Skunk
Super Skunk are great cannabis seeds to grow outdoors. The product from these indica-dominant seeds will leave the user soaring with a body high that will last for hours. This great smelling and tasty strain will give you an amazing yield when you grow the cannabis seed outdoors. Expose Super Skunk to direct sunlight and enjoy a yield of about 21oz per plant! When this cannabis seed is grown outdoors it is ready to harvest between September and November, depending on when it was put in the ground. This is a good cannabis seed for novice growers to grow outdoors.
- This strain makes the user feel happy, relaxed, and uplifted.
- Super Skunk has a 20% THC content.
- This strain has a high resistance to diseases.
- Medically, it helps with stress, pain, depression, lack of appetite, and insomnia symptoms.
- Super Skunk can cause couch lock is overindulged.
- Dry mouth and eyes are common when using this strain.
- Some users have experienced mild paranoia and hallucinations due to potency.
Super Skunk is a well-known strain that has an elevated high most enjoyable at the end of the day. This cannabis seed can be grown outdoors in most any climate. It is not picky for warm, hot, or cold weather, as long as it is exposed to direct sunlight. This plant can grow to be 100 cm to 150 cm tall and can yield about 21 oz per plant. This is a cannabis seed that requires more experience when smoking it than growing it.