Some of my most treasured childhood memories are of baking sugar cookies with my grandmother in her crowded kitchen. I’m sure she’d be proud to know that I am still baking them today, but with a dank twist! Whether you are baking with friends or just with your cat, I hope this recipe brightens up your holidays and leaves you feeling lifted. Merry Kushmas!
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Sugar Cookies
Cooking Time: about 45 minutes
How many cookies you can expect: about 24 cookies
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookie
- 2 ½cups flour, plus a handful extra for rolling out your dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of 240mg of your favorite cannabutter (substitute any amount with normal butter for less potent cookies)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
And for the frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted (375g)
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Candies and sprinkles for decorating as you please!
- Combine your cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and beat on medium speed until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to cannabutter mixture. Fold it in slowly until you have consistent dough
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and put it in the refrigerator for about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Roll out the dough on flour-dusted counter or table to the thickness of your choice. For crispiness, roll out thin cookies and for chewy cookies, roll the dough out thicker. Use cookie cutters of your choice to cut the dough and set your cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (longer if you made your cookies thicker) or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove them from the oven and set your fresh cookies on a flat surface for cooling.
- While your cookies are cooling, you can make some frosting. First, combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl and mix. *Pro Tip: add a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add extra potency.
- Frost your cookies and decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired.
We hope you enjoy making these cookies as much as we enjoy eating them! Many of you have been requesting holiday recipes, so look for some more of our holiday favorites coming your way real soon.