Medical cannabis is a very beneficial plant that has more benefits than you can imagine. In the countries where medical marijuana is legal, many patients who rely on it for medical purposes are getting the best results and benefits.
If you want to experience the medical benefits of cannabis, you can grow your plants by purchasing the best medical cannabis seeds. Growing medical cannabis is a lot easier nowadays because some of the best medical cannabis seeds have auto-flowering technology, so growing them on your own wouldn’t take too much of your time.
This list will show the top 15 best medical cannabis seeds that you can grow in your own home or backyard to have a steady supply of medicine when you need it. However, choosing the best medical cannabis seeds is not as easy as it looks. There are many strains with different medicinal benefits, and choosing the right strain is essential for your health. Don’t worry because we will add a list of the factors that patients need to consider before buying the best medical cannabis seeds if you stick around until the end of the list!
Now let’s get started!
Where can I buy the best medical cannabis seeds?
Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of the other popular seeds banks across the globe.
|Best in Overall||I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM)|
*Buy 10, Get 10 Free Seeds
|Best Seed Prices||Seedsman||Shop Seeds|
|New Seed Bank||WeedSeedsExpress||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Canada||Crop King Seeds (CKS)||Shop Seeds|
|Best in UK||MSNL||Shop Seeds|
|Best in Spain||Ministry of Cannabis||Shop Seeds|
|Best Canada Distributor||Rocket Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|8th||Sensi Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|9th||Sonoma Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|10th||Beaver Seeds||Shop Seeds|
|11th||SunWest Genetics||Shop Seeds|
|12th||Mary Jane’s Garden||Shop Seeds|
|13th||MJ Seeds Canada||Shop Seeds|
|14th||True North Seed Bank||Shop Seeds|
|15th||Quebec Cannabis Seeds||Shop Seeds|
The 15 Best Medical Cannabis Seeds
15. White Label Super Skunk Automatic Seeds
This award-winning strain is now available for you to grow at home. It is a beautiful plant with better medical benefits. It is also fairly easy to grow and beginner-friendly, and the best thing about it is you can produce two crops in one outdoor season.
- The flowering stage is reached within 6 weeks
- It has a consistent growth pattern and easy to grow
- It has a citrusy scent which is very fragrant
- It is suitable for first-time growers
- The yields are minimum, but you can get two harvest cycles in one season
- It is a little bit expensive
Overall, this 30-year-old strain has been in the game for many years—thanks to all of its recreational and medicinal benefits. They produce dense, perfectly-sized, and bright-green buds coated with trichomes. You can maximize the harvest if you give the plant enough room to grow with longer lighting hours during the flowering stage.
14. White Label Purple Bud Automatic Seeds
The best things about this strain are that it is compact to grow indoors, it has a short flowering period, and it is Indica-dominant, meaning it is potent enough to treat different illnesses and health conditions. Not to mention, that the purple colour looks really pretty!
- It is very compact
- The seeds are suitable for indoor growing
- It is a strong and potent strain
- Relaxing and calming with a hint of a cerebral high
- Suitable for beginner growers
- It only grows in cold conditions
- It only provides a medium amount of yield
Patients who want to experience a relaxing strain for mediation, yoga, and other calming activities would love the euphoric effect of these seeds. It might be an Indica strain, but it still allows the user to perform well when doing tasks without any confusion—as long as you have built up your tolerance when smoking cannabis for medical purposes.
13. Agent Orange Feminized Medical Cannabis Seeds
This strain is a crossbreed between three different strains; Orange Skunk, Space Queen, and Jack Cleaner. It is a potent strain that has a wide range of medical benefits and unique effects that medical marijuana patients can benefit from.
- It is for energizing, boosting, and uplifting
- It is excellent for daytime use
- It can produce very high yields in one harvest
- It is excellent for stress relief, anxiety, and depression
- It reaches the flowering stage pretty quickly
- Not for people who prefer Indica
- Not auto-flowering
Overall, this strain gets its flavour and characteristics from three of the best strains. It can grow very tall in the outdoors, but you can still grow them in your grow house using different methods, including hydroponic techniques. It has excellent medical benefits and it tastes and smells good. But most of all, it is reasonably easy to grow and suitable for both pros and beginner cultivators.
12. Acapulco Gold Feminized Medical Cannabis Seeds
These seeds come from Acapulco Mexico, and it is known to be a very luxurious cannabis strain. Although it isn’t an auto-flowering strain, many beginners can grow this crop easily. It is excellent to grow during warm seasons, and it has excellent medical benefits.
- It grows in warm places
- The buds are covered with golden resin
- It is quite easy to grow
- Has an energizing effect
- Not for severe medical conditions
- It is a little bit on the expensive side
This luxurious strain is made for novice and experienced growers. It isn’t very hard to grow and take care of, but it still requires a little bit more attention and time—compared to auto-flowering seeds in the market. The high is very uplifting and mellow, making it a great choice for treating anxiety.
11. AK47 Autoflower Medical Cannabis Seeds
This auto-flowering version of the original AK47 strain is an excellent way for patients to quickly and easily grow their medical supplies in their backyard. It may be named after a gun, but it is a gun with medicinal benefits. Getting one good dose of this strain is excellent for relieving most of your stress and anxiety.
- They are very easy to grow
- They are suitable for first-time growers
- Has very powerful effects
- Calming and relaxing aroma
- It takes less than 3 months to harvest
- It has low CBD levels
- It is only suitable in a temperate climate
Overall, the AK447 auto-flowering seeds make an excellent choice for beginners. And all of the seeds are guaranteed to produce seedless buds for maximum efficiency! It might not have the same amount of potency and THC as the original AK47, it is still excellent for medical purposes and for people with low tolerance.
10. Amnesia Haze Medical Cannabis Seeds
If you almost exclusively need Sativa strains to treat certain medical conditions, you will want your hands on this easy-to-grow auto-flowering strain. It is not only easy to grow but it also almost always guarantees a rich harvest every time!
- It produces massive buds
- It is suitable for growing outdoors and indoors
- It has an energetic high
- It is potent in THC content
- It is suitable for beginner growers
- It is a little bit on the expensive side
- Not for severe health issues and symptoms
Beginners would love to get their hands on these medical cannabis seeds. They are very easy to grow, and you can yield a lot of product to stock your medicine cabinets after each harvest. The potency and massive buds after each harvest are pretty impressive considering how easy it is to grow these seeds.
9. Strawberry Cheesecake Auto Feminised Medical Cannabis Seeds
These auto-flowering seeds are a crossbreed from Cheese Auto and Banana Auto, hence the name, Strawberry Cheesecake Auto. It is an Indica-dominant crop that not only tastes good but also provides medical treatment for people who experience loss in appetite due to stress or other medical eating disorders.
- They can grow really tall when you plant them outside but remain a reasonable height when indoors
- It produces up to 500 grams indoors and 500 grams indoors
- It can produce dense buds
- All the seeds are feminized to ensure potent buds
- Excellent for making concentrates and edibles because of its large yield count
- It takes quite a while to flower compared to other auto-flowering strains
- It needs the right level of humidity to prevent moulds
- The THC content might be too low, but it is enough for people with low THC tolerance
This particular strain stands out most in terms of flavour and aroma. It produces a strong skunk aroma with a hint of fruity and citrusy notes. the effect is physically relaxing and mentally stimulating, making It is a great strain for unwinding after a long day at work. It is also excellent for vaping, making hash from its resin, and other concentrates—thanks to its richness and darkness. For medical purposes, Strawberry Cheesecake Auto works well with boosting your appetite, reducing stress, and preventing anxiety attacks.
8. Blue Dream Feminized Medical Cannabis Seeds
Blue Dream is another iconic strain that you can grow in the comfort of your home. It is a California strain that built its reputation because of its fruity flavour and excellent head high. It is a 70% Sativa strain that is a cross between Blueberry Ica and U.S Haze.
- It provides an excellent head high and excellent for daytime use
- All seeds are guaranteed to be female for producing the best flowers
- Can provide an extensive yield of up to 600 grams indoors, and 850 grams outdoors
- The flowering time is pretty quick for a non-auto-flowering type
- Excellent for treating anxiety, arthritis, depression, pain, stress, and many more.
- Not for first-time growers
- There is a specific time frame when growing them outdoors
Just watching this plant grow is already relaxing. It produces large and dense buds with sparkling resin crystals that look absolutely fantastic! It might not be the easiest to grow, but because all the seeds are guaranteed to be female, it would be a great way for beginners to test their skills in growing them.
7. Bruce Banner Autoflower Medical Cannabis Seeds
What is mean, green, and strong? It’s the Hulk! And this strain of medical cannabis is named after the comic book character for several good reasons. One puff of this potent strain will explain why it is named after the green superhero. It is very potent and works fast—which is excellent in treating medical symptoms.
- It is very potent with THC levels up to 25%
- It is a Sativa-dominant strain that mixes a good head high and a relaxing body buzz
- It has a Euphoric, relaxed and happy effect
- Great for boosting energy and creativity
- Great for pain relief, anxiety, and other medical purposes
- It is quite easy to grow, but not recommended for first-time growers
- Winner of the Cannabis Cup
- The plants are too tall for some indoor grow houses
- The yield is quite low compared to other brands and strains
If you are looking for an energetic Sativa-dominant hybrid strain for boosting your creativity to give you inspiration and ideas for work and other projects, growing this strain is your best bet. It is named after this popular comic book hero for a reason—and you will turn from Bruce Banner to the Hulk instantly after one puff.
6. Gorilla Glue Autoflower Medical Cannabis Seeds
If there is a strain that can keep you relaxed and glued to the couch all day. This strain is an excellent option for you to grow. Not only is it auto-flowering, but all of the seeds are guaranteed to be feminized to ensure rich potent buds.
- It is an excellent choice of seeds for beginners to grow
- It won the Cannabis Cup and Jamaican World Cup
- The plant size is compact, enabling growers to grow the plant indoors
- It only takes around 8 weeks before it automatically starts flowering
- The yields are a little low
- Not as potent as non-auto-flowering variants, but it is the price you have to pay for flowering quickly
Overall, ILGM’s take on the award-winning medical cannabis strain is pretty awesome. It might not be as potent as its non-auto-flowering counterpart, but still, —26% is still a significant amount of THC to yield all the medical benefits.
5. White Widow Feminized Medical Cannabis Seeds
These seeds can grow one of the best award-winning medical cannabis strains. The potency is high, and it has a good combination of both THC and CBD, which is excellent for maximizing all the medical benefits. It has cerebral effects that work best for treating pain, stress, and anxiety.
- Treats pain, anxiety, stress, and more
- It does an excellent job of drowning out pain from the body
- Contains the right amount of THC and CBD
- It is a well-blended hybrid strain with 40% Sativa and 60% Indica
- It contains 24% THC and 0.70% CBD, which is an excellent match
- It is very easy to grow and recommended for beginners
- It can reach the flowering stage in just about 8 weeks
- The yield is a little low at 300g for outdoor and 400% for indoor growing
- It has an emotional effect and might cause paranoia when used in the wrong situations
The White Widow high is absolutely fantastic. It can produce an outburst of happiness and positivity. It is an excellent option for deep thinking and having conversations with substance. It is also an excellent strain for boosting both energy and creativity—which is excellent for thinking of new ideas for your business, projects, and more. If you are a writer or music producer, or any other type of creative– This strain would be an excellent creativity booster.
4. Afghani Regular Medical Cannabis Seeds
Another popular choice on the list is the famous Afghani Kush seeds. Discovered from the mountains of northern Afghanistan, this strain has a euphoric effect that has an extensive range of benefits for calming and relaxation.
- It has a light euphoric effect but it is still quite uplifting for maintaining conversations normally
- It is a high-yielding strain
- It has a long-lasting effect
- Comes with a very relaxing and happy high
- Great for treating mild seizures
- Excellent for both medical and recreational use when you want to unwind
- Has an earthy smell with a hint of pungent flavour
- Excellent body buzz for treating body pain
- Not for daytime use
- A little bit challenging to grow, but some beginners with little experience can try to grow this strain to test their skills
- People who want a head high for work might feel too lazy or unproductive when they consume this particular strain
- May grow too tall for indoor growing
It is an excellent choice for treating seizures and panic attacks, and although they are regular seeds, new growers might want to test their skills in growing this particular strain. It produces an excellent body high, which is good for calling it a night. People can also treat body pain, headaches, hangovers, and other physical pain. Growing this strain outside can produce a yield of 500 grams indoors, and 300 grams when you plant them outside.
3. Haze Xtreme Regular Medical Cannabis Seeds
If you are an experienced grower looking to test your skills in growing regular marijuana seeds, you can try this amazing strain. Haze Xtreme is a popular and outstanding strain that is known for its increased psychedelic effects.
- This strain is very potent with excellent psychedelic effects
- It features a good head high that allows you to maintain conversations
- For regular seeds, it only takes around 10 weeks to reach the flowering stage
- It can reach a potency of 22% THC
- It has 1% CBM content which is responsible for the subtle but fun psychedelic effects
- It is an excellent treatment for light medical issues, such as anxiety, nausea, and pain
- It is challenging to grow
- The yields are a little low, but the flowers are dense
It is a very potent Sativa strain with dense buds. The harvest might be a little small compared to other strains, but the potency and density make up for its lack in size. It can be grown indoors and outdoors, and it can yield up to 550 grams, which is not bad. The effects are the best part of this cannabis strain. It gives off a fun and heavy head high but allows the user to be productive at the same time. It does not affect awareness of your surroundings, making it perfect for doing creative work. If you have a busy day at work and want to cope up positively—this strain would be an excellent choice.
2. Gelato Feminized Marijuana Seeds
Gelato is a hybrid strain that is earning a top spot in many best medical cannabis seeds lists. It is an award-winning strain that is the combination of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies and Sunset Sherbet, hence the name—Gelato. Overall, the best thing about these seeds is that they can yield up to 700 grams of potent buds—perfect for keeping your medical supply box full!
- It is a very potent strain that reaches up to 27% THC levels
- You can yield 500 grams for outdoor and up to 700 grams indoor
- The taste and aroma are incredible
- An excellent hybrid strain that gives a good combination of 55% Indica and 45% Sativa
- Energizing and uplifting despite the slight dominance of Indica
- You can experience long-lasting effects
- You can grow them in short to medium headspaces as they do not grow very tall
- It takes 8 to 10 weeks to reach flowering
- These medical cannabis seeds are challenging to grow
- It needs a lot of care and monitoring
- You will need a lot of tools for adjusting the humidity and lighting to grow this strain
Gelato might be a little tough to grow, especially for beginner growers, it is still worth growing because of its high potency and range of medical benefits. Not to mention that you can yield a very significant amount of bud, which is very ideal for patients who need a steady supply of medicine. However, it is not recommended for beginners it will take experienced growers to use various growing techniques to maximize the potency and yield. It is a challenge, but will be definitely worth it with its rewards!
1. Northern Light Autoflower Medical Cannabis Seeds
Northern Lights is one of the most popular strains of cannabis, and people highly use this strain in a variety of different situations—whether they need it for medical or recreational use. It grows frosted buds with a very light honey-musk scent blended with the classic earthy smell of Afghan Kush.
- It is easy to grow because it is auto-flowering
- It is recommended for first-time growers
- It is a well-trusted brand, meaning all seeds are most likely going to pass the germination stage
- For an auto-flowering seed, it is highly potent with 15% THC
- It can yield up to 150 grams of buds outdoors and 250 grams when grown indoors
- It only takes around 8 weeks to get to its flowering stage
- They can germinate quickly
- It is Indica-dominant, meaning it is not for consumption during the day and work hours
- Some seeds do not germinate if not done properly
Northern Lights is a classic strain that originated in the Netherlands, and it has been in the market for a while now for mostly good reasons. These medical cannabis seeds are excellent for pain relief, treating depression, and more.
How to Choose the Best Medical Cannabis Seeds: Factors to Consider
Choosing the effectiveness of a specific strain is also essential when choosing medical cannabis seeds. The right strain can either be uplifting, calming, relaxing, or a combination of all the effects of THC.
Aside from different types of strains, medical cannabis seeds come in different seed types. Some options are more challenging to grow than others, making it an essential consideration when looking for the right medical cannabis seeds.
One thing beginner growers should know is that only female seeds can produce seedless buds, also known as sinsemilla. Basically, regular seeds have more trial-and-error stages than buying feminized and auto-flowering seeds.
Feminized seeds are very easy to grow. All you need to do is put them in the soil! Because they are guaranteed to be females, you do not need to breed them with any male plants. These medical cannabis seeds will produce buds without the seeds.
Auto-flowering medical cannabis seeds will automatically change from vegetative to the flowering stage without changing the light cycle.
How to germinate medical cannabis seeds?
To germinate medical cannabis seeds, you will need to place the seeds between two water-soaked paper towels and rest them on clean plates. Make sure they are scattered with enough space to sprout and wait a couple of days until it sprouts.
How many medical cannabis seeds should I buy?
If it is your first time growing medical cannabis, you will need to purchase at least two times more than the number of crops you are planning to grow. For example, if you plan on growing 2 plants, get at least 4 to 8 seeds to make sure. There is a slight chance that seeds won’t germinate—especially if you buy your medical cannabis seeds from an unknown source.
Where can I buy medical cannabis seeds?
You can buy medical cannabis seeds from reputable sources online or directly from growers and dispensaries. If it is for medicinal benefits, it is better to get them from reputable sources to ensure that they have the accurate benefits you need.
Can you grow medical cannabis seeds indoors?
You can grow medical cannabis seeds indoors as long as you have the right equipment, a dark room, and enough lighting.
Is it difficult to grow your own plants using medical cannabis seeds?
Growing medical cannabis seeds can be quite a challenge. Fortunately, feminized and auto-flowering seeds make it very easy—even beginners can grow their stash!