This velvety medicated butternut squash soup is so delicious- you’ll want to make a big batch! This is the perfect meal to pair with some toast and good friends. Nothing warms you up like a delicious and hearty bowl of medicated butternut squash soup.
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp. unmedicated unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion (small dice)
- 1 small red pepper (small dice)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. cannabutter
- Optional addition: a dollop of crème fraiche, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks, and set aside.
- In a large stock pot melt unmedicated butter and vegetable oil.
- Add diced onion, red pepper, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until the onion becomes translucent. This will take around 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock to the pot, bring to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Last, add cannabutter and gently stir for 4 minutes ensuring even distribution.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.