Start to finish: 45 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per cookie
- 1/2 cup cold/chilled 160mg cannabutter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cold/chilled egg
- 2.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 heaping tsp salt (not iodized)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Incorporate cannabis-infused butters and sugars together either by using a stand mixer, a bowl with a hand blender, or a spatula.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg only until ingredients are incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine dry ingredients in 2 batches, mixing to incorporate each time.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts (and sprinkles if desired), folding everything in lightly with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scooper, form 16 dough balls and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (For a less potent cookie, make 24 smaller dough balls.)
- Place cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
- Bake on the center of the oven rack for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and fluffy.
- Cool on a rack 15-20 minutes before serving.