It’s only once a year you get to eat the sugar cookies, why not make the best of these gorgeous cookies. Ensure to confirm that your guests are cool with the extra ingredient of cannabis butter; I’ll say these are the best you could offer as a host in any holiday party.
To keep the potent of these sugar cookies on a moderate, you can swap out any part of the cannabutter with regular butter.
- 2 ½ cups flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of 240mg cannabutter*
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Powdered sugar and milk, for frosting
*For less potent cookies, switch out any portion of the cannabutter and replace with standard butter as desired.
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, eggs,
andvanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to cannabutter mixture a little at a time, stirring until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll dough on a generously floured surface to approximately ⅓” thick. Cut cookies (see below for thematic cookie cutter suggestions) and transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.