Vegan and gluten-free desserts! Dense almond on the inside and toasty coconut on the outside, these tasty treats are a good alternative if you’re tired of your spiked eggnog. These medicated macaroons are just the ideal bites to keep the fun going.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cannabis coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- A bit of salt
- 1 cup dark or white chocolate (melted, optional for dipping or drizzle)
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar and the egg whites until semi-stiff peaks form. This should take about 3 minutes; the mixture should have a similar consistency to marshmallow crème.
- Add shredded coconut, chopped almonds, canna coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, pinch of salt, and mix thoroughly!
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use ice cream scoop to dispense mixture; form scoops about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let set on wire rack until completely cool.
- (Optional) Melt 1 cup dark or white chocolate, dip or drizzle on cookies to a lil something extra!