Start your holidays off right with your favorite grandma’s recipe of gingersnaps cookies covered with medicated caramel frosting, with something extra— cannabis- induced caramel frosting. Every bite of these molasses-spiked morsels offers you a yummy sweet chew and great excitement to remember—you’ll be happy to share your experience with friends.
These tasty delights are prepared with ginger, cinnamon, and molasses, and need only ten minutes in the oven. You can make as many as 30 cookies in one bake, so get some dough ready and give these delicious cookies a shot with a hot cup of tea.
• 3/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup molasses
• 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground cloves
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
Medicated Frosting Ingredients:
• 2 Tbsp butter softened (you can use canna-butter for extra potency)
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup medicated dulce de leche
• 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• Crunchy finishing salt, like Maldon
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in one egg and molasses.
3. Combine the all-purpose flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Roll cookie dough into 1-1/2″ balls. Place 2″ apart on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
5. Remove to wire racks to cool.
6. While the cookies are cooling, combine the softened butter, confectioner’s sugar, medicated dulce de leche, vanilla, and heavy cream in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until blended.
7. Once cookies are cooled, spread the medicated caramel frosting and top with a crunchy finishing salt or holiday sprinkles.