In honor of Meridy Volz, a feminist icon and cannabis activist, we proudly present the original pot brownie recipe. Read about Meridy’s inspiring story in The OG Pot Brownie Recipe: Homage to A Feminist Icon.
Here’s what you’ll need for Volz’s Sticky Fingers Pot Brownies:
note: all verbiage as originally written.
- 8 ozs of “Magic” (over-dried, powdered in a food processor, sifted, California-grown sin
semillaleaf. Note: chaff may be used later for grass oil.)
- 5 sticks of butter
- 16 eggs/6 cups of sugar
- 3 cup flour
- 3 tsp. salt
- 16 oz., unsweetened baking chocolate
- Melt butter in a double boiler, and stir in the “Magic”. This is the “Ghee”
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Slowly melt chocolate in another double-boiler.
- When the ghee has boiled for 30 min., add flour, powder, salt to eggs and sugar. Then add the Ghee and the chocolate.
- Pour into four 9”x12” greased baking pans.
- Bake at 400F, patting down the batter several times with a spatula to keep it from rising. When the brownies are solid, but still very moist, remove from oven and cover with a towel to keep moisture in.
….Yields 8 dozen 2”x 2” brownies..
Power to the People!
We love you…
-Sticky Fingers Brownies